Post Slider

Monday, November 18, 2013

Save the Blowdry Shower Cap // Review


This review is well overdue! The lovely people over at Save The Blow Dry™ recently sent me one of
their new Shower Caps for me to try out. If you're anything like me, then when you first hear about this product, then you'll probably be left wondering - why is there such a big deal being made out of just a shower cap?

I have seriously never understood the concept of a shower cap in the past, I've never used one other than for dying my hair so the dye doesn't go all over the place, because the concept of actually using them within the shower never works, as they don't usually work in keeping your hair dry- which is why i've took so long to review the product as I needed to find a time where I didn't mind destroying my blow dry, incase the product didn't work! But the Save The Blow Dry shower cap is seriously a whole other concept. This time the shower cap actually works.

Seriously, maybe it's just be getting a bit too over excited about small things but this shower cap seriously does solve a hella lot of my problems! I hate washing my hair everyday, especially on college days. It's so time consuming, and not having to wash it means I get an extra half hour in bed! I usually get away with washing my hair every other day without looking like a mahoosive greaseball, I wish I could go longer, but hey ho! Anyway, so on the days where I seriously cannot be bothered to wash my hair, and it's seemed to have held the style from the day before pretty well (usually when I have it curly) I jump for this thing.

The cap comes in a beautiful transparent/pink design, which I love. The way the cap works is that it features two layers of material, rather than the standard one waterproof layer that you would see on a normal shower cap. The second layer is a piece of 'super absorbent micro weave towelling' which sucks up all the moisture from the air and stops any humidity from reaching your precious locks!

All I need to do is brush my hair, clip it up, shove the shower cap on and i'm ready to go - it's literally that simple. I can then go ahead and have a shower without worrying the either my hair's gotten wet in the shower, as this product seriously stops this happening, and also it ensures that my curls which have stayed in from the day before are still intact, no horrible humid frizzes!

But that is not the only use i've gotten out of this thing! I also have started using it for when I set my hair on rollers, the cap is so big that I am actually able to fit it over my rollers when they are in my hair so they are extra secure and aren't flying around all over the place! The website also states that the cap can be used in order to speed up hair treatments such as hair masks- i've yet to try this one but all you need to do is flip the cap over, and voila - it's transformed to a dual usage cab which aids the effectiveness of your hair treatment!

I don't have a bad word to say about this product, other than maybe the price tag is abit steep for a shower cap. But then when you consider all of the dual uses, and how many times I actually use this thing a week, the price is probably worth it!

Have any of you tried out the cap, or will you be? I'd love to know your experiences!

Sophie xx
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig